Monday, September 13, 2010

Just walking through a parking lot

 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

It was Sunday morning and I had to go do interviews in Ohio for my seminar. I was distraught and unhappy for numerous reasons, but not being able to go to church was the cherry right on top of my melted, sad bowl of ice cream.

I was just walking through a church parking lot to get to my vehicle. As I walked, my path intersected with a older gentlemen's heading into church. He said, "Well you must be on your way to church!" 
I sadly replied, "No I'm on my way to get my car, I have to do things for school all day today." He looked disappointed and responded, "Well, you look all dressed up and on your way to church." 
"I wish," I said. He asked my name and I told him and the words that just hit me were, "Well, Allison, I will say a prayer for you, have a great day." He smiled and continued into the church. If I ever see him again, I will be sure to tell him that our little conversation met more to me that he could know. 

I was just walking through the parking lot. The last thing I expected to hear was God's uplifting words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment