Friday, September 17, 2010

Another heart calls




My talent is loving people. My deepest hope is to feel Christ working through me to bring light into the lives of others. I can hardly do that when I lean on my own understanding. I am broken-hearted. It comes with the package of being a perpetual lover. My emotions are my nature- they are who I am. Each note of laughter, and every shade of sadness were handcrafted by my Creator.

I am who I am because of his careful selection of my every feature and because He has a plan for me. Though I want God, Who makes all things possible, to take this cup from me, I must continue to love people though they may not love me back as it is His will (Mark 14:36). Jesus has his heart broken every day by us who he loves when we sin in our lives. Lives He died to save. Each life holds a purpose far greater than any physical; earthly imagination can comprehend no matter how artistic we try to be. We are not fortunetellers, we are not magicians, and we are children. Our independence comes only from God when we stop resisting (2Cor. 3:5). So we must have faith. I must have faith that my Creator knows every crumble of my life, even when it falls away. I must have faith that He will work through me. My love. My Savior. My God.

Though it feels that the mountains I stand on are shaking and the hills around me have been removed, I know that God’s unfailing love for me can not and will not be shaken nor the peace He has promised me be removed (Isaiah 54:10). 

No comments:

Post a Comment